Week in Mozambique
Dr. Jeremy and I are in Mozambique this week! We are here to learn more about OpenMRS, a software project that we are using at the hospital.
Electronic medical records in Africa? Crazy! We are a pretty advanced hospital trying to do excellent care for patients in rural Ethiopia, so we are looking for ways to improve health delivery here. Electronic medical records will help us answer questions about it patients and care that will help us improve care and systems in the hospital.
After a pretty exhausting 2 weeks of dealing with governments to get our paper work all squared away, this week is not coming at the best time for our family. But all the pieces feel into place and here I am. I miss Michelle and Cole a bunch but we are able to talk on Viber so wee can stay connected this week. I hope the time at the conference this week will help me get ready to be more useful at the hospital.
It's my first time in Mozambique and all of a sudden the air feels like I'm really in Africa. Temps in the 90s with lots of humidity. We are right next to the ocean and I'm looking forward to some yummy seafood. They speak Portuguese here and I was hoping to be able to use some Spanish knowledge to come up with some usable phrases. But, I have realized that my Amharic is pushing out my Spanish from my head so I am stumbling to come up with anything. Crazy how language works....
Comments
Post a Comment